A Call!  

Posted by riskbreaker

Last Saturday, Metro Manila and areas around it were hit by Bagyong Ondoy. Many suffered because of this tragedy.

Now, I'm asking everyone to help.

Honestly, last Saturday I had no idea what was going on. I thought it was just raining. I have no idea that there was a storm, probably because there were no signs of it on our place. It was raining hard but there was no flood nor strong wind.

When I turned on the television during the afternoon of Saturday, I was so shocked when I saw the news about the damaged caused by the storm. I felt so sad. It was so heart-breaking to see damaged homes, assets and lives. At that very moment, I wanted to go to those places and help. Until now, I think that it's my responsibility to help those people.

Pictures and footage of this calamity make me cry.

The following day, sadder news came that made me feel so blessed. I am lucky enough that I was not able to experience those things. That feeling heated up my eagerness to help, thus I kept on sending messages to those people I know. I asked them to donate. I also posted shout outs on forums and on my Twitter and Facebook accounts.

I was glad to know that our school (De La Salle University - DasmariƱas) is hosting a relief operation thus, yesterday I brought with me some old clothes and kilos of rice grains to donate.

But I'm not satisfied.

I still think that I haven't done anything yet to help those people.

That night, I tuned it to SNN, and they had this special report called The Stars Give Back. While I was watching it, I felt jeolus with all those celebrities feautured on the report. I was jealous because unlike me, they were able to went on the damaged places and they were able to comfort the suffering people. Aside from that, some of them were able to rescue people. On that very moment, I wished I was a celebrity. I think that I could have done more, if I am a celebrity.

I don't know why I have this eagerness to help.

On the other hand, I'm so proud of being a Filipino. On this time of tragedy, Filipinos are one. The unconditional support and love that I can see is just freaking amazing. Everyone was willing to give a helping hand.

Now, I'm asking everyone to keep on helping. This is not the time to count what we have but, to count what we can give. Donate! Help!

Above all these, let's not forget to pray.

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with you above the storm
Father you are king over the flood
I will be still and know you are God

This entry was posted on 12:37 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments