Album Review: Fight For Love - Elliott Yamin  

Posted by riskbreaker

May 10, 2009

2:15 PM

Following the success of his self-titled debut album, Elliott Yamin is abck with his sophomore album called Fight for Love. The album was released on U.S. on May 05, 2009 by independent label Hickory Records and distributed through Sony-BMG.

The standard edition contains 12 amazing tracks. 


1. Let Love Be
- Honestly, this is a weak opening track. I wasn't expecting this since the opening track from Yamin's previous album is great. The song is a bit old-school. 

2. Know Better
- This is one of those tracks you'll remember. The opening lines, "I must admit I was crazy. Must have been love drunk", gave me an idea this song is going to be fantastic. Also, the song is very radio friendly.

3. Fight for Love
- This is one of the best songs from this album. I have to praise Yamin's label on choosing this as the first single of the album. The change of beat from the verse to the chorus to the last parts of the song was amazingly done. Also, I have to say that the video for this song is so far the best of Yamin.

4. You
- First, I have to say that the opening sound is really creepy. It gave me goosebumps. When Yamin started singing the first lines of this song, I can't help but be amazed of his voice. Very heart-whelming.

5. Can't Keep on Loving You (From A Distance)
- This track is one of my personal favorites. Actually, I think this is the third best track. The song is so lovely that I was mesmerized when I first heard the song. When Yamin hitted the lines "It feels like, we belong together", the song becomes more fantastic. I think, from all the songs from the album, this one has the greatest potential as a single.

6. Don't Be Afraid
- The cheesiest song from the album. 

7. You Say
- This song made me confused if I was listening to a Yamin album or to a Back Street Boys album. Having said that, i thought this is still good.

8. Apart From Me
- David Archuleta meets Elliott Yamin. The song reminded me of Archuleta's song Waiting for Yesterday. Having said that, I think this is one of the strongest song from the album.

9. Cold Heart
- The best song from this album. The swagger and authenticity of Yamin was on full blast on this song. He sounded really great. Awesome vocals! I can't wait to see him perform this live. A mark of a true talent.

10. How Do I Know
- Just okay for me, but this is forgettable.

11. This Step Alone
- This song is pure perfection. I'm so in love with this song. Amazing delivery from Yamin. His genuine voice fits the vulnerability of the song. The song is radio-friendly, and is a potential monster-hit. It's like the recharged Wait For You.

12. Someday
- This is the most touching song from his album. He was definitely singing from his heart. The connection was there. And also it has the best lyrics. Great way to end the album. (Well, for the standard edition.)

My ranking (from best to worst)
Cold Heart
This Step Alone
Can't Keep Loving You (From A Distance)
Fight For Love
Apart From Me
You
Someday
You Say
Know Better
How Do I Know
Let Love Be
Don't Be Afraid

BTW, this is better than his debut album!

This entry was posted on 1:11 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments